VCE programs at Melbourne Museum
VCE Health and Human Development Program
The TAC, in collaboration with expert VCE teachers, has developed a free learning experience for VCE Health and Human Development (HHD) students at Road to Zero.
Using their own devices, students can access an interactive website which guides them through the experience. The program immerses students in Road to Zero’s digitally interactive and highly engaging environment, while addressing key areas of the VCE HHD study design:
- Unit 3, Area of Study 2 – Promoting health and wellbeing
- Unit 4, Area of Study 2 – Health and the Sustainable Development Goals
As students are guided through the Road to Zero Experience Space, they are invited to apply their understanding of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion and the Sustainable Development Goals to the important issue of road safety.
Students complete a range of hands on experiences, respond to short answer questions and have the opportunity to edit their responses after viewing high-level sample responses. Students receive an email copy of the revision notes they create at Road to Zero.
Consisting of three modules, the online experience enables students to revise key knowledge and apply key skills in preparation for exams and other assessment tasks.
- Module 1: Action Areas Explore Victoria's road safety health promotion strategy, and then apply the action areas of the Ottawa Charter
- Module 2: Health Promotion Strategies Consider how the Road to Zero experience reflects the health promotion strategies that underpin the Ottawa Charter.
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Explore how the Road to Zero experience is working towards achieving SDG 3 key feature ‘halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents.’
Flexible learning options
The app is accessed through the usual sign in process at the Road to Zero Experience Space. Students can participate in the program in several ways, with all options free of charge.
- Individual: Students can visit Road to Zero during museum opening hours. Allow for 60 minutes. No booking is required.
- Self-guided: Teachers can book their VCE class into Road to Zero (60-minute block). Booking is required.
- Revision session: Students can attend a free revision session during the 2021 September school holidays (23 and 27 September). Visit the Melbourne Museum website to book.
Contact the Museums Victoria Bookings Office on (03) 8341 7767 or email@example.com
Visit the Melbourne Museum website to book a spot